Press On Towards The Goal
Established in 2007, Shangpung College is a NEHU-affiliated college located in Nongrim, Shangpung and it is the only degree college in this corner of the West Jaintia Hills District of Meghalaya.
Aims & Objectives
- To prepare students with unflinching faith and determination for better avenues of job opportunities with an impetus on spiritual values in life.
- To provide a conducive ambience for students from all sections of society to acquire quality education.
- To evolve an innovative and suitable curriculum to make graduates employable and get them placed. To inculcate service-mindedness through service learning programmes.
- To develop sound sportsmanship by promoting sports and games.
- To foster the spirit of toleration in a pluralistic society.
- To make students leaders, entrepreneurs and job-creators not job seekers; and
- To equip them to face any challenge, anywhere, with self-confidence and self-discipline.
Vision & Mission
- To instill a spirit of full commitment and devotion among students at the mental and spiritual leve1 so that they become good citizens who would serve the society as enshrined in the College motto.
- To produce leaders who will be agents of social change, primarily among the communities they live in, and in the nation as a whole; and to make the College serve local, national and as well global needs by providing quality human resource, by shaping intellectually sound, ethically sensitive and socially compassionate graduates.
- To promote social unity, religious tolerance and community development to foster national integration with a thrust on achieving academic ambience.
- The college Mission is to achieve the vision of the founders by establishing and managing educational institutions based on the four cardinal principles of discipline, sound education, sports & service.
News & Notices
- Last date of admission fees (XI arts & BA) extended
Last date of admission fees for Class XI arts and B.A. 1st semester has been extended till 25th August 2020.
Admission forms for Class XI & Bachelor of Arts (2020) can be downloaded via the following links: